Preparing for our final exam

I've posted the questions for the final exam (the handout from class) on our Angel site, in case anyone needs it. I've also included the list of people who said they may want to get a study group together. If anyone wants to add themselves to the list, I'll set it up so that you can.

Remember to bring your list of blog posts/comments to the final exam session if you didn't hand it in yesterday!

Valerie

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Loved This Class

I thought this class was very important for anyone going into teaching to take. Literature is a very important tool to use in the classroom and it should be studied by all teachers. I feel like through taking this class I have learned lots of new things that I will be able to incorporate into my future classroom. I would reccomend this class to anyone going into teaching, or anyone that is even interested in literature!

6 comments:

K. Hutchinson said...

I completely agree with this comment. I really enjoyed this class and found it extremely beneficial since I am going to be an elementary school teacher. I am also focusing on Language Ats, so learning about children's literature expanded my knowledge on this subject. I loved how Valerie brought in her personal collection of books so we could see examples of each genre and become aware of diverse literature. This class really opened my eyes to all the various topics children's literature can cover, and I am extremely grateful that I now understand how much diversity there really is out there in books. I definitely will recommend this course to others.

Mike R said...

I also agree with both of you. In this class you learn about the small details of what makes a good book a great book. I also enjoyed the class setting, it was layed back and we had groups.

Jenny H said...

I was going to do my post on this same topic also so I'm glad other people feel the same way I do. When I first signed up for this class I was a little bummed that I had to take a Tuesday night class from 6-9pm, but after the first day I knew I would like it. My dad got me into reading as a child and I loved reading all through middle school. But then high school and college came and my life was filled with other activities. But TE 348 brought literature back into my life and made me realize how much reading means to me. I know I will use everythying we learned in my classroom and I want my students to have the same desire to read as me.

M.P. said...

hey guys- i know i pick my courses on allmsu--- so remember to post these good comments on there too! :)

A.Iyi said...

I agree its very important for teaching students as well as people in general to understand and be able to correctly analyze the way children read and understand literature

elita.h said...

I also agree. I am going to be a teacher after graduation. I feel that I learned a lot of valuable information. When I first started this class, I was having a difficult time understanding things that others were understanding. However, I now see improvement in my abilities to recognize literary and artistic elements in childrens books.