Preparing for our final exam

I've posted the questions for the final exam (the handout from class) on our Angel site, in case anyone needs it. I've also included the list of people who said they may want to get a study group together. If anyone wants to add themselves to the list, I'll set it up so that you can.

Remember to bring your list of blog posts/comments to the final exam session if you didn't hand it in yesterday!

Valerie

Monday, December 8, 2008

"To leave or not to leave"

So I was really fortunate to have taken this class semester while at the same time in my TE291A course I tutored refugee students at the Refugee Development Center as well as assisted in teaching a Special Education course at MacDonald Middle School. I didn't really find the opportunity to bring these things up in class other than during our group discussions but I took it upon myself to read 2 of the books to my kids at the schools and read excerpts of them from the larger books. On average the kids really liked the books and they really loved "Where the Wild Things Are" (probably because they are always so imaginative and energitic). I've actually had a few of my older students in the 8th and 7th grade read to their younger siblings or cousins and they seemed to love the stories even more then. The one book I seemed to have trouble getting them to like was Uglies. I'm assuming it was the book was a little ahead of the age targeted for the majority of my students but they told me it was pretty boring and would liked to have heard about more action and fighting! Either way Ms. Walker thank you for brining your insight into this class. I really enjoyed coming to class and looking at books that I enjoyed as a child in a new and more developed way. Next semester, I suggest doing more activites and watching more realted movies to the things that are read... those were the days that were the best and it gives everyone a chance to go back and re-visit having fun with books as a kid. Thanks again.

No comments: