Preparing for our final exam

I've posted the questions for the final exam (the handout from class) on our Angel site, in case anyone needs it. I've also included the list of people who said they may want to get a study group together. If anyone wants to add themselves to the list, I'll set it up so that you can.

Remember to bring your list of blog posts/comments to the final exam session if you didn't hand it in yesterday!

Valerie

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Full Moon Soup or The Fall of the Hotel Splendide

During class on Monday 9/8, I mentioned the picture book entitled, Full Moon Soup, by Alastair Graham. This book is exclusively illustrations with no text. It has been a favorite of mine since I was a young girl and I think many of you will find it very entertaining to look through. It tells a story about the collapse of a hotel in a 24 hour period. The illustrations are very vivid and detailed. What makes this book so entertaining is the fact that, on each page numerous events occur and you must have a good eye to be able to pick out the abundant amount of details in the drawings. I would recommend this book to anyone. If I am able to locate this book I will make sure to bring it in for others to appreciate!

2 comments:

Lindsey Reeves said...

I have never found a picture book that I have truly found very entertaining, but the way that you talk of this picture book makes me very intrigued to look through it. It sounds like it tells a great story and I am interested in finding this book as well. If you do locate this book could you let us know where you found it so that we could maybe be able to get it as well? Thanks, and I hope the book gets found!

Valerie W. said...

I was able to order one through the M@L system, so I'll bring it to class!