Preparing for our final exam

I've posted the questions for the final exam (the handout from class) on our Angel site, in case anyone needs it. I've also included the list of people who said they may want to get a study group together. If anyone wants to add themselves to the list, I'll set it up so that you can.

Remember to bring your list of blog posts/comments to the final exam session if you didn't hand it in yesterday!

Valerie

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Picture Books for the Ages: Featuring Kadir Nelson

Picture Books for the Ages: Featuring Kadir Nelson

In my TE:348 section I had did my midterm on a book illustrated by Kadir Nelson. I was very intrigued by his artistic style. I later came across a brochure informing me about a seminar put on by Kadir Nelson"

Date, Location

We are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball

Kadir Nelson attributes his early success as an artist to lessons learned from his mother—to visualize his success and then practice for it. A poster in his high school math class, “Wish upon a star but do your homework, too,” affirmed and encouraged him. Hear Nelson describe how he made his dreams a reality and hear the stories behind his stunning illustrated history, We Are the Ship: The Story of Negro League Baseball .

This takes place in my neighborhood in Kalamazoo. I plan on attending. If you are interested in going you can e-mail for more information or directions.


Also:

On Friday at Western Michigan University he is holding a seminar where there will be a review of his recently illustrated books. Registration is required and begins at 8:00 am. The program is from 9:00 am- 4:00 pm at WMU's Fetzer Center

I also plan on attending this event. Please contact me, our course instructor, or consult the Kalamazoo Public Library website.

My E-mail:
sarkarka@msu.edu

No comments: