Preparing for our final exam

I've posted the questions for the final exam (the handout from class) on our Angel site, in case anyone needs it. I've also included the list of people who said they may want to get a study group together. If anyone wants to add themselves to the list, I'll set it up so that you can.

Remember to bring your list of blog posts/comments to the final exam session if you didn't hand it in yesterday!

Valerie

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

only one you

I chose the book “Only One You” by Linda Kranz for my midterm book talk. It is about a little fish named Adri, and his parents teaching him the wisdom they have gained on how to live a happy life. The lessons they teach Adri would appeal to young children, as it is very simplistic, but even as a twenty-year-old college student I loved hearing what they had to say to their son. This fiction book takes you on a journey to each and every life lesson in which the parents want to ready their son for through a third person objective point of view. The Author obviously wants the reader to feel empowered after and while reading this book, because she is empowering the reader through the directions of the parents to the child fish. It is a man vs. Nature conflict- or in this case- fish vs. nature? It’s illustrated with real pictures of the sea for a background, and inspirational-style painted rocks as fish. – a spongebob-esqe approach- but it fits the book very well. It gives it a more rlaxed-carribean type theme. The book is inclusive to children of various backgrounds, which is very important when you are reading something to a large group of children. All in all, I fell in love with this book. I guarentee it will be a staple in my household and classroom someday in the future.

No comments: